Sunday, July 5, 2009

Friday Continued..and the other Prides...


Apparently we didn't fit enough into one day so Friday night we found our way to the Bearded lady's Trans March Freak Show. Amazing performances from Burlesque to Fella Fem, the Diamond Daggers put on a great time. They are the Bay area's longest running queer burlesque show...and our hosts were Amelia Mae Paradise and Sir Loin Strip.




Finally off to sleep...now I realize why it was SO hard to get up Saturday...phew!


Saturday's Dyke rally was also in Doloros Park...
I was already tired laying on the grass before the march started...sigh...


my goal of getting on Dykes on Bikes was not to be fulfilled this year...but they were amazing to see...


After marching, which was quite a different experience compared to last night's trans march, we made our way over the hills and through the streets to the Pink Party. Actually the group became one as I made my way through the wicked crazy crowd to meet Heath. Market St was closed through the Castro as the Pink Party took over the streets of Castro. Gigormous disco ball in the street, yummy beverages to be drank..and an insane amount of people all through the Castro.


Danielle, Jennet & Heath as we decided to leave....2 hours later....


We are still trying to find a cab. Finally at 3:30 A.M. after too long trying to catch and call a cab and walking ALL the way back to Heath's...my feet fell off and I crashed onto the couch fast.


THAT is why I did not make it to Sunday's big pride parade until 2:00 P.M.

The main parade is so far removed from the other 2...


Floats, slaves and balloons Oh my!!! It was amazing to see...


After getting our fill me maneuvered our way to Civic Center to catch the music...before we got there we passed through the amazing amount of vendors and found our way to the Fairy Village. This is the only picture to show...I think I saw more naked penis in 5 minutes than I have seen in 5+ years.


Waiting in the shade...I didn't realize how burnt I was....


Eventually we found the main stage...losing Kai in the process. The Cliks were supposed to perform at 4...but scheduling was a little off so we had to get through Solange Knowles' performance first.


Then FINALLY the Cliks YAY!!!

I sang, danced and cheered for all 4 songs....the quickest set they've ever played...


Lucas said something about being at the merch table for CD or boob signing....Danielle and I made our way to the area...but a band that had yet to play were the only ones there. The Cliks were making their way offstage...I was hoping their merch table wasn't on the other side of the stage. Suddenly they had their boxes ready to set up at the booth...RIGHT in front of us. How awesome!!!

Danielle bought CDs and Lucas signed my boobs...life is good.

Adventures on the way home...exhausted...burnt...and ecstatic from seeing great music...I was ready for some serious vegetation before school...

No comments:

Post a Comment